Clodagh's ultimate chicken noodle soup
Clodagh’s in the kitchen with the ultimate comfort food recipe - her chicken noodle soup.
Chicken cuddle (noodle) soup
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 inches fresh ginger, grated
3 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 lemongrass, thinly sliced
1 fresh green chilli, finely chopped
1 celery stick, thinly sliced
1 litre good quality hot chicken stock
2 filets of chicken, cut into 3-inch thin strips like matchsticks
6 chestnut mushrooms, thinly sliced 200g Pak choi, sliced
250g fine or regular egg noodles 1 tablespoon of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
1 tsp sesame seeds
1. Place a saucepan or casserole dish over a low medium heat and add one tablespoon of olive oil. Stir in the garlic, ginger, spring onions, lemongrass, green chilli and celery – cover and leave to simmer for two minutes.
2. Remove the lid, stir and pour in the hot chicken stock to the pan.
3. Stir in the chicken, and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
4. Lastly stir in the mushrooms, Pak choi and noodles and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Ladle the soup into warmed bowls and sprinkle the fresh coriander and sesame seeds on top.