Do Thursday evening right with Nisha's curry night!
Nisha’s flavourful fish curry is a perfect way to spice up your Thursday evening.
Whipped up in just 30 minutes, the light and refreshing base made up of Fenugreek and ginger spiced squash pairs beautifully with prawns.
Prawn and butternut curry
4 tbsp vegetable oil
1 heap tsp fenugreek seeds
1½ tsp asafoetida
800g of butternut squash peeled and cut into 1.5 cm chunks
300g prawns (cooked)
¼ tsp ground turmeric
⅛ tsp chilli powder
1½ tsp salt
1 tsp garam masala
5cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
Juice of 1 small lemon
Water to loosen
Serve with chapati or tortilla wraps
Garnish with pomegranate & coriander
1. Put the vegetable oil in a large nonstick frying pan set over a medium hugh heat.
2. In a bowl with some water, microwave the cubed butternut squash until soft, usually around 12 minutes.
3. When the oil is hot, add the fenugreek seeds and toast until fragrant and chestnut brown, being careful not to burn.
4. Add the asafoetida and fry for a further 5 seconds until it releases a pungent aroma.
5. Add the softened butternut with a splash of water, ground turmeric, chilli powder, salt and sugar and stir until everything is mixed.
6. Add the prawns and stir amongst the butternut squash and cook for 5 mins to heat through thoroughly.
7. When the pumpkin and prawns are cooked through, add the garam masala and grated ginger and continue to cook for a further 8-10 minutes or until slightly broken up.
8. Finish with the fresh lemon juice and garnish with pomegranate seeds and a few sprigs of coriander, serve in a warm chapati or tortilla wrap or with rice.