Donal's summer berry layered pavlova
Prepare for a berrylicious dessert that tastes just like summer! Joining us from his kitchen in Dublin, Donal Skehan makes his show-stopping berry pavlova with layers of delicious chewy meringue.
Summer berry layered pavlova
250g icing sugar
4 egg whites
2 tsp of cornflour
1 tsp of white wine vinegar
500ml of cream, whipped
250g of mixed berries
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2
2. Line two baking trays with baking parchment. Draw a large circle 25cm/10inch on each piece of parchment paper.
3. Place the icing sugar and egg whites in a standing food mixer and whisk on high for 10 minutes until glossy white peaks form. Using a spatula, gently fold in the cornflour and the white wine vinegar.
4. Divide the meringue mixture between the two baking trays and using a tablespoon, form two large meringue discs. Bake for 45 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
5. Take one of the meringue layers and gently spread over half of the whipped cream
6. Carefully take the other meringue layer and place on top - the cream might slightly ooze out the sides! Use the rest of the whipped cream to spread evenly over the top. Decorate with the berries.