Four delicious air fryer recipes to try this Christmas
They’re at the top of many Christmas lists this year, but there’s more to the humble air fryer than just crispy chips. Juliet has some tasty ideas to get the most out of your air fryer, from the ultimate grilled cheese lunch, to loaded nachos perfect for any festive movie night - the possibilities are endless!
Loaded cheese nachos
125g mozzarella, grated
125g Cheddar cheese, grated
200g salted corn tortilla chips
Sliced pickled jalapenos
Dips of your choice to serve
1. Preheat the air fryer to bake at 180c.
2. Scatter half the cheese and jalapenos over tortilla chips in your pan to fit the machine.
3. Add a second Layer of chips and repeat the scattering of cheese and jalapenos.
4. Bake for 4-5 minutes until the cheese is all completely melting and the nachos are going slightly crisp and golden.
5. Serve with dips of your choice.
Garlic butter hasselback potatoes
1 can tinned new potatoes, drained
30g butter or spreadable butter
20g olive oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
Small handful of chopped parsley, finely chopped
Sea salt flakes
1. Mix the garlic, butter and olive oil together.
2. Slice the potatoes ¾ through in sections.
3. Place in the tray and brush over the garlic mix.
4. Cook for about 25-35 minutes subject to how crunchy and golden you like them until the potatoes are going really golden and crispy. Brush over a couple of times as they bake to encourage them to open out as the butter will seep into the slices.
5. Once cooked, take out and brush with the remaining butter, sprinkle with sea salt flakes and fresh parsley
'Grilled' cheese sandwich
2 x slices bread of your choice
Soft butter for spreading
Strong cheddar cheese (cheese of your choice) to fit your bread, sliced
1. Preheat the air fryer to air fry at 200c.
2. Butter both sides of the bread, spread some Dijon mustard thinly over either inner side.
3. Layer over the cheese and top with the second slice of bread.
4. Cook for about 5 minutes, carefully flip the sandwich over then cook for a further 5-6 mins until the buttered bread is really golden and crunchy and the cheese is melting.
Cinnamon french toast bites
2 medium eggs
25g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Icing sugar to dust
6 slices of fresh white bread or slices of brioche bread, cut into 3 lengths
1. Preheat the air fryer to 180c and line the air fryer tray with parchment paper
2. In a large shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
3. Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture and then flip it over to coat both sides.
4. Place the french toast pieces in the air fryer and repeat with as many pieces as will fit in the air fryer at once.
5. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the french toast is golden brown and all puffy
6. Serve the french toast sticks warm with maple syrup and a handful of berries (optional) and a dusting of icing sugar