Get the glow with Clodagh's one-pot salmon
Clodagh's back with another ‘beat the bloat’ recipe, designed to help you hold onto that summer glow! She's cooking a delicious one pot supper - salmon with pak choi in a chilli ginger broth.
One pot glow - Salmon in ginger and chilli broth
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
1 lime leaf
1 stalk lemongrass, bashed
500ml fish or vegetable stock
2 salmon fillets, skinned
4 small pak choi
1 small handful fresh coriander leaves
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place a saucepan over a low heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Stir in the shallots, garlic, ginger, and chilli for a few minutes to soften. Add the lime leaf and lemongrass to the pan and cook for another minute.
2. Pour in the stock, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat. Simmer gently for 10 minutes to infuse the flavours.
3. Next add the salmon fillets and allow to poach for 10 minutes over a low heat. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Add the pak choi for the last minute of cooking.
5. Arrange the salmon fillets and pak choi in serving bowls and ladle the broth over the top—remove the lime leaf and lemongrass before serving, and sprinkle the coriander leaves on top.