Gino's Ferrero Rocher cake
He’s back to sweeten up your January!
Gino’s in the kitchen with a nutty, chocolatey surprise - he’ll be showing you how to whip up his deliciously simple Ferrero Rocher cake.
Ferrero Rocher cake
For the cake
170g Unsalted Butter
16 Ferrero Rocher and 3 to decorate
250g caster sugar
4 large eggs
200g natural yogurt
230g self-raising flour, sifted
For the topping
150g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids, broken into chunks
150ml double cream
4 tbsp of crushed hazelnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 170C and butter a 22cm diameter spring form cake tin
2. Remove wrappers of 16 Ferrero Rocher, put into a bag and crush with a rolling pin.
3. Place all other ingredients in a large bowl and whisk with an electric whisk until totally combined.
4. Using a spatula, stir in the crushed Ferrero Rocher.
5. Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake for 40-50 minutes. Insert a toothpick to ensure the centre is cooked. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cook for at least 45 minutes.
6. For the topping, place the chocolate and cream in a medium heatproof bowl and melt over a small saucepan of simmering water (don't let the bowl touch the water).
7. Using a spatula stir continuously until all the chocolate has melted. Once the chocolate has completely combined with the cream, take the bowl off the saucepan.
8. Using a pallet knife spread the chocolate topping over the cake, ensuring you cover both the top and sides.
9. Place immediately in the fridge 15 minutes to allow the topping to set. Remove from the fridge and sprinkle the chopped hazelnuts on top and place 3 Ferrero Rocher in the centre.