Gok’s pimping up your packet rice with 3 recipes!
Inflation costs may be soaring but Gok is keeping costs down in the kitchen at least. He'll be pimping up packet rice by giving us 3 rice recipes to choose from - his Singapore fried rice, Mexican fried rice and spicy tuna fried rice are all really simple, really tasty and really easy on the bank balance too!
1 tsp oil
½ red pepper
½ green pepper
Leftover chicken, shredded
50g fine green beans, cut into bite size pieces
1 tbsp jalfrezi curry paste
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 Packet of microwave plain long grain rice, cook according to packet instructions
2 fresh tomatoes, cut into quarters
To serve: Fried egg per person and chopped fresh coriander
1. Heat the oil and fry off the peppers until soft. Add the leftover chicken and green beans and fry off for a further 2 minutes.
2. Add the curry paste, tomato puree and cook off for 1 minute before adding the rice.
3. At the last moment, add the chopped fresh tomatoes, season with salt and then top with a fried egg and chopped coriander.
1 Pepper, cut into strips
1 small can sweet corn
1 tin Black beans
1 tsp Chipotle paste - add a heaped tsp if you prefer medium to spicy
1 tsp turmeric
3 cooked sausages, sliced
1 packet microwave plain long grain rice, cooked according to packet instructions.
Zest and juice of 1 Lime
1. Add 1 tsp oil to a pan and fry off the peppers, peas, sweetcorn, blackbeans for 2 minutes or until slightly soft.
2. Add the chipotle paste, turmeric, sliced sausage and cook through for 2-3 minutes to coat everything.
3. Add the rice and combine everything together in the pan. Squeeze over the lime and serve the chopped parsley.
Spiced tuna rice
1 packet Mexican rice
160g frozen peas
1 tin tuna in spring water
1 small tin sweetcorn
6 dashes Tabasco sauce
1. Place the packet rice into the microwave and cook according to packet instructions.
2. Put the peas into a bowl and microwave for two minutes to warm through.
3. Add the tinned tuna, sweetcorn and warm peas into a bowl then add the tabasco sauce and mix together well. Add the rice and top with the sriracha sauce and serve.