James Martin's cauliflower cheese
With under six weeks to go until the big day, James Martin is in the kitchen showing us how to make the perfect Christmas cauliflower cheese.
1 cauliflower, cut into florets
For the sauce
1ltr full fat milk
1 bay leaf
50g plain flour
400g grated cheddar cheese
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
200g brioche, cubed
Mozzarella, for the top
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6
2. Place the cauliflower onto a roasting tray and drizzle in olive oil. Season, then roast for 10 minutes until lightly charred.
3. Warm the milk in a pan over the hob. Meanwhile, stud the onion with the bay leaf and clove and then add to the milk to infuse.
4. Melt the butter in a separate pan, then whisk in the flour. Add the infused milk gradually, removing the onion.
5. Add half of the cheese to the sauce then take off the heat and add the mustard. Season.
6. In a frying pan, fry the brioche cubes in butter until crisp
7. When the cauliflower is roasted, pop it in an ovenproof dish and mix with the crispy brioche. Pour the sauce over and top with the rest of the cheddar and tear over the mozzarella cheese. Pop under the grill for 2 minutes.