James Martin's chicken casserole and savoury waffles
If you’re looking for a one-pot dish to add to your culinary repertoire, then look no further!
James’ succulent chicken casserole with tomato and herb waffles, is the perfect dish to serve your friends and family.
Packed full of flavour it’s comforting, delicious and a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
Chicken casserole and waffles
For the chicken
25ml Olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 x 2kg chicken, portioned into 8- 10 portions
100g bacon lardons
1 Shallots, peeled and diced
2 tbsp tomato puree
200g chestnut mushrooms
200ml French white wine
500ml chicken stock
3 tomatoes, de-seeded and diced
1 small bunch tarragon
For the waffles
250g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp caster sugar
25G butter, melted
A few sprigs of fresh tarragon, chopped
2 tbsp chopped spring onions
100g diced potatoes blanched
2 tomatoes concentrated
1. Heat some oil and fry the chicken with butter in a casserole pan until it is coloured. Then add your seasonings.
2. Add the bacon, shallots, tomato puree, mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the wine and bring it to the boil, then add the stock and half of the tarragon.
4. Put it into the oven for forty five minutes. Finish by sprinkling over the rest of the freshly chopped tarragon.
For the waffles1. Heat your waffle machine to the highest setting.
2. Then to make the waffles, whisk all the ingredients together, and ladle into a waffle machine and cook until golden.
3. To serve, pop the waffles and chicken onto a plate top spoon over sauce.