James Martin's Chicken Wings with BBQ Sauce
A naughty but nice Monday treat for us with James’ delicious chicken wings served with a tasty BBQ sauce and a scattering of fresh herbs.
Vegetable oil, for frying
1kg chicken wings
For the sauce
150g brown sugar
1 x 5cm ginger, grated
4 limes, juice and zest
150ml soy sauce
1-2 tbsp gochujang paste
2 limes, halved
Few sprigs mint, chopped
Few sprigs coriander, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 210C/Fan 190.
2. In either a deep fat fryer or deep saucepan, heat the vegetable oil to 180c, then carefully place the chicken wings in and deep fry for 6 to 8 minutes until crisp and cooked through. Drain onto kitchen paper. Alternatively roast them in the oven drizzled in vegetable oil for 20 minutes.
3. Place the chicken wings onto a large roasting tray.
4. To make the sauce, mix all of the ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Pour the sauce evenly over the chicken and roast for 10 minutes until hot and bubbling.
5. Serve with lime wedges and sprinkle over the herbs.