James Martin's ultimate ribs with bourbon sauce
James is here with an easy but indulgent Monday meal, James has pork ribs with a simple glaze using a tin of condensed milk - all served with a firm favourite, the jacket potato!
Pork ribs with bourbon sauce and jacket potatoes
6 large baking potatoes
1 tbsp sea salt
2kg pork ribs
1 bulb garlic
1 small bunch parsley
Water, to cover
A few peppercorns
10 star anise
1 tbsp fennel seeds
1 tbsp coriander seeds
2 cinnamon sticks
100g caster sugar
100ml condensed milk
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. To make the baked potatoes, coat in olive oil, sprinkle in sea salt and roast for 1 to 1½ hours at 200C then remove from the oven, then split and fill with the butter.
3. Meanwhile, place the ribs and all aromatics in a pan simmer for 45 minutes, remove from the stock.
4. To make the sauce, place all of the ingredients into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
5. Place the ribs under the grill for 10 minutes or until warmed through and showing colour, then brush the sauce all over the ribs and place back under the grill turning occasionally for 5-6 minutes.