James May's delicious veggie burgers
He’s on a mission to prove that you don’t need to be a brilliant cook to make delicious food. And, as James May returns for the second series of his hit show ‘Oh Cook!’, he joins us in the studio to make his veggie burgers.
James May's veggie burgers
For the burgers:
400g tin red kidney beans
2 tbsp olive oil
160g cooked beetroot, grated
20g chopped parsley
130g apple & herb stuffing mix
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
To serve with:
8 rolls toasted
Little gem lettuce
1. Drain and rinse the kidney beans before roughly chopping and blitzing them in a food processor until fine.
2. In a frying pan, add 2 tbsp of olive oil. Fry the mushrooms and onion for a few minutes until soft.
3. Add the mushrooms, onions and beans into a bowl along with grated beetroot, the stuffing mix, parsley, and nutritional yeast. Then season.
4. Squish the mixture together, either with a masher or with your hands, before dividing the mixture into six individual burger shapes.
5. Heat a non stick pan on a low heat, add a little oil and fry the burgers in batches for around 5 minutes on each side until golden.
6. Serve the burgers in the toasted rolls with lettuce, mayo and sliced tomatoes.