Jamie Oliver’s one pan Christmas pasta
Jamie Oliver is back in the This Morning kitchen today, to take the stress out of cooking this Christmas. He’ll be showing you how to create an epic festive feast, all in one pan! Jamie’s super simple one pan pasta combines the flavours of pigs in blankets, nutmeg, sage, and chestnuts - to create a dish bound to be a hit with the entire family.
125g fresh lasagne sheets
1 pork sausage
1 rasher of smoked streaky bacon
¼ of a small red onion
1 sprig of sage
15g Parmesan cheese
5 vac-packed chestnuts
1 whole nutmeg, for grating
1. Boil the kettle.
2. Use a cookie cutter or a sharp knife to cut the lasagne sheets into fun festive shapes, tearing up the offcuts.
3. Squeeze the sausage meat out of the skin into little balls. Finely slice the bacon. Peel and finely slice the onion. Pick the sage leaves. Finely grate the Parmesan.
4. Put a 28cm frying pan on a high heat.
5. Once hot, put a little drizzle of olive oil into the pan with the sausage balls and bacon, tossing regularly. Once the sausage and bacon are lightly golden, add the onion and sage, crumble in the chestnuts, and cook for 2 minutes. Scatter the pasta into the pan, then carefully pour in enough boiling kettle water to just cover the pasta - about 300ml. Let it bubble away for 4 minutes, or until the pasta has absorbed most of the water and you've got a nice silky sauce, stirring regularly and loosening with an extra splash of water, if needed.
6. Turn the heat off, stir in the Parmesan, and season to perfection. Finish with a fine grating of nutmeg, to taste, and a kiss of extra virgin olive oil, if you like.