Jane Dunn's gooey chocolate cookie bars
Jane has everything you need to satisfy your sweet tooth and she's back with another epic bake! Her gooey and delicious kinder bueno cookie bars are packed full with kinder chocolate, so quick and easy to make, they can be ready to eat in under 30 minutes!
Gooey chocolate cookies bars
275g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp cornflour
115 g unsalted butter
55 g granulated sugar
135 g light brown sugar
1 medium egg
1 tsp vanilla
250g kinder chocolate (chopped)
170-250g kinder bueno bars (chopped)
Note: you can use any chocolate broken up that you like
1. Preheat your oven to 190c/170c fan, and line a 9x9inch square tin with parchment paper, and leave to the side for now.
2. Whisk together the plain flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cornflour together in a bowl and leave to the side for now.
3. Melt the unsalted butter until liquid, and add to a bowl. Add in the light brown sugar and granulated sugar and whisk the mixture together for two minutes by an electric whisk, 3 minutes by hand. Add in the egg and vanilla and whisk again till they're combined in. Add in the mixed together dry ingredients and mix until a really thick cookie dough is formed. Add in the chocolates and fold through. Reserve some of the kinder chocolate for the top of the cookie bars.
4. Push the mixture into the 9x9inch tin, and add on the last few bits of chocolatey goodness.
5. Bake the cookie bars in the oven for 17-22 minutes. I usually do 19 minutes so they stay reasonably gooey.
6. Once baked, leave in the tin for 10 minutes to cool a bit, and then remove and cool fully on the wire rack. Enjoy!
I bought two packs of the 6 Medium Kinder Chocolate bars, which weigh 126g per packet to make up the 250g for the Cookie Bars.
Each multipack of the chocolates is about 170-175g worth, so you can use one packet, or buy more and add a smidge more. Don't go too overboard though otherwise, it'll struggle to bake.
You can use all chocolate if you wish, but I wouldn't recommend all Kinder Bueno as the chocolate is what makes it gooey.
No, the wafers won't stay crunchy, but that's not the end of the world. it's there for the taste!
These will last for 5 days or so after baking if they last that long. Feel free to rewarm in the microwave briefly for gooey bars!