Jane Dunn's NYC gingerbread cookies
Nothing says Christmas like gingerbread!
And Jane’s deliciously thick and chunky gingerbread flavoured NYC cookies with white chocolate chips are the ultimate Christmas treat and perfect to leave out for Santa!
NYC gingerbread cookies
Makes 8 cookies
125 g unsalted butter
175 g dark brown soft sugar (or light brown)
1 large/medium egg
1 tsp vanilla (optional!)
280 g plain flour
1 ½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp sea salt
300 g white chocolate chips / chunks
1. Place the unsalted butter and dark brown soft sugar to a bowl and beat together until creamy.
2. Add the egg, and beat again - if using vanilla, add it in now.
3. Add in the plain flour, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and salt and beat until a cookie dough is formed.
4. Add in the chocolate chips and beat again until they're distributed well!
5. Divide the mixture into eight cookie dough balls - they're about 120g each.
6. Once they're rolled into balls, put your cookie dough in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, or in the fridge for an hour or so.
7. Whilst the cookie dough is chilling, preheat your oven to 180C Fan, or 200C regular - if your oven runs hot, go for 160C-170c.
8. Take your cookies out of the freezer/fridge and put onto a lined baking tray. I put four cookies per tray.
9. Bake the cookies in the oven for 12-14 minutes.
10. Once baked, leave them to cool on the tray for at least 30 minutes, as they will continue to bake whilst cooling. ENJOY!