John Torode's crab linguine
With Celebrity MasterChef returning to our screens this evening, John’s with us today to see how Phillip & Holly compare.
They’ll be going head-to-head in the kitchen to try and master his delicious summer crab linguine. But who will be the winner? John will be giving his tough verdict on their finished dishes.
50ml olive oil
1 banana shallot, diced
1 clove garlic, grated
1 tbsp butter
300g fresh crab meat
1 red chilli, diced
1 lemon, zest and juice
Handful fresh parsley, chopped
50ml white wine
Good handful of wild rocket
Salt and pepper to taste
For the pangritata
30ml olive oil
Handful old bread, broken up
1 clove garlic, crushed
Sprinkle of fresh thyme
1. Fill a large pan with hot water and bring it to the boil. Add a good teaspoon of salt and a drizzle of olive oil and cook the linguini according to the packet instructions.
2. Next, heat the rest of the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the shallots, garlic and butter
3. When warmed through, add the crab meat and chilli
4. Drop in the cooked spaghetti, add the lemon zest and chopped parsley
5. Squeeze in a little of the lemon juice and add the white wine. Drop the rocket on top and mix through.
6. To make the pangritata, heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the bread, garlic and thyme. Stir and fry to a ‘toast’ until lightly golden.
7. Top the linguine with the pangritata. Serve and enjoy!