Joseph Denison Carey's midweek tasty tacos!
It’s taco time! Joseph’s back in the kitchen today, with a Mexican inspired midweek-meal perfect for the summer - his delicious pick-and-mix rump steak tacos.
Rump steak tacos
1kg rump steak, thick cut (thicker the better)
Small handful fresh oregano
1 bunch parsley
1 - 2 tbsp red wine vinegar, to taste
1 red chilli, de-seeded
Flaky salt, to taste
4 cloves garlic, grated
75ml -100ml olive oil, or as needed
Pickled red onions
1 red onion
100ml red wine vinegar
Corn soft shell tacos
1 fresh tomato, diced
Limes to cut into wedges
Flaky salt, to season
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/Fan 160C.
2. Sear the steak in a pan on a high heat for a few minutes on either side, then place into the oven for around 8 - 10 minutes, until the internal temperature is 48-50 degrees. Take out of the oven and rest for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, to make the chimichurri, blend all the ingredients together in a food processor and allow to infuse for 10 minutes.
4. To make the pickled onions, finely chop the red onion into ribbons and set aside in a bowl. Separately, mix all the other ingredients for the pickle together and then place into a saucepan, bring to the boil, then pour over the onions. Leave to the side to cool.
5. To serve up, slice the steak into chunky lengths, and then place in the tacos, sprinkle over the tomatoes, drizzle over some of the chimichurri sauce, followed by the pickled onions, lime and flaky salt.