Joseph Denison Carey’s Fish Parcels
Joseph is here with a Friday night treat that’s restaurant worthy - his fish parcels cooked in a thyme, wine and lemon butter served up with chorizo butter beans. The best part is, it only takes 20 minutes!
Hake & Chorizo Butter Beans
500g hake loin, portioned into 4 fillets, or 2 whole lemon sole, both filleted in 2
1 lemon, sliced
Sprigs of thyme
50-75ml white wine
1 carrot, diced
1 celery, diced
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
1-2 raw chorizo sausages, diced
2 tins butter beans
Handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
1. Place the sliced lemon on a large sheet of tin foil.
2. Season your fish with salt then place the fillets on top, and then the thyme and butter on top for the fish.
3. Fold the tin foil over and seal 3/4 of the edges, leaving one open into which you can pour 1/2 glass of white wine.
4. Cook the hake at 180c for 20 minutes, or the lemon sole for 8-10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, sweat your carrots, onion, celery, garlic and chorizo in a pan until the veg is soft and the chorizo is cooked. Add the parsley at the last minute and stir through.
6. Add the butter beans and stir them through on a low heat.
7. Once the fish is done remove from the oven and serve on top of the butter beans, drizzling the cooking juices over the top.