Joseph's one-pot chicken cacciatore
If you're wondering what to make for dinner tonight, Joseph Denison Carey is back with the perfect midweek meal. Taking just 15 minutes to put together, he'll be serving a delicious one-pot Chicken Cacciatore. Full of delicious Mediterranean flavours, sit back and relax while the oven does all the work for you!
8 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
Salt and pepper
2 carrots, finely chopped
2 celery sticks, finely chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 red chillies, sliced
1 glass white wine
1 glass chicken stock
1 tbsp tomato paste
150g (drained) black olives (roughly)
2x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
2 sprigs of rosemary
Parsley, to garnish
A carb of your choice! (crusty bread, or rice)
1. Preheat the oven to 160C.
2. Season the chicken thighs then, in a casserole pan with some oil, colour them and remove them.
3. Into the same pan add the carrot, celery, shallot, garlic and chilli and sweat until soft. Deglaze with the white wine and reduce. Add the tomato paste and the chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
4. Add the browned chicken thighs, the olives, the tinned tomato and the rosemary and bring to a simmer.
5. Put into the oven for 1 1/2 hours.
6. Remove and allow to chill for 20 mins (it will be incredibly hot) then adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary.
7. Scatter over the parsley and enjoy with some crusty bread or even some rice or salad.