Joseph's speedy sausage pasta for under a fiver!
Joseph Denison Carey is back with another speedy supper. Feeding a family of four for under £5 - he's showing you how to make his delicious and comforting sausage pasta.
Sausage and fennel pasta
2 tbsp fennel seeds
4 pork sausages (just plain or with black pepper)
200-300g dry pasta
2 tbsp tomato paste
Handful of grated Parmesan
1. In a large pan, toast the fennel seeds until fragrant.
2. Meanwhile, remove the sausages from their skin and into a bowl break the mince up finely with a fork, set aside.
3. Drop the pasta into boiling salted water and cook as per packet instructions.
4. Add oil to the pan with the fennel seeds and allow to get hot. Add the meat to the pan and fry until cooked through. Add the tomato paste to the meat and fry for a further 2 minutes.
5. When the pasta is ready, add it to the meat with a little pasta water. Add the Parmesan and black pepper to the pan and mix together well.
6. Serve with a little grated Parmesan on top.