Juliet Sear's Mini Egg giant cookie
With Christmas over and done, it’s time to start thinking about the next annual celebration… Easter!
As supermarkets start stocking their shelves with Mini Eggs, Juliet Sear is showing you how to put them to good use with her super easy Mini Egg giant cookie.
Mini Egg cookie pie
125g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
150g soft light brown sugar
50g caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 medium egg
250g self raising flour
½ tsp salt
300g mini eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 170C fan. Line a 20cm round cake tin wih parchment paper.
2. Using a stand mixer, cream the butter, both sugars and vanilla extract until pale and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and mix into the butter and sugar mixture.
4. Combine the flours and salt and add to the wet mixture.
5. Tip in about ¾ of the mini eggs and mix to combine, then press the dough into a lined 8 inch tin.
6. Push the remaining mini eggs into the top to decorate.
7. Bake for approx. 20-25 mins until cooked through and going golden and crisp on top but there’s still a bit of a wobble in the centre.
8. Leave to cool in the tin for about 10 mins then turn out onto a rack to cool. Cool for a further 10 mins before slicing and serve with ice cream.