Michela's 15 minute Amaretto semifreddo
With just 15 minutes to prep, this stunning frozen pudding is a favourite go-to for any dinner party, because it's simple, can be made with just about any flavouring, is prepped in advance, and has a showstopper quality.
500ml double cream
1 x 395g tin condensed milk
125g amaretti biscuits
4 tablespoons Amaretto liqueur
2 tsp vanilla extract
100g roughly chopped almonds
1. Whisk in a large bowl the cream, condensed milk and vanilla extract until it forms soft peaks. Do not overbeat.
2. Fold into the cream mixture 2 tbsp of the amaretto liquor and the chopped almonds.
3. Crush the amaretti biscuits and drizzle with 2 tbsp Amaretto liqueur.
4. Prepare a loaf tin lined with cling film leaving it hanging over the sides.
5. Sprinkle half of the amaretti biscuits into the base of the loaf tin then gently pour half of the cream mixture on top.
6. Then another layer of the remaining amaretti biscuits, finishing with remaining cream mixture, fold over the cling film and place in the freezer for 5 hours or until frozen through.
7.. To serve, melt the dark chocolate and set to one side. Using the cling film to help you turn the semifreddo upside down onto a platter.
8. Drizzle the cooled melted chocolate on top of semifreddo and return to the freezer for a further 5 mins to set.