'My son went blind after only eating Wotsits, Monster Munch and chocolate'
Kerry James was shocked when her teenage son Harvey Dyer told her he was unable to see out of his left eye suddenly last October. After months of tests in hospitals, the family were given the devastating news that Harvey was permanently blind in his left eye, which medics put down to lack of nutrition in his diet.
Harvey lives with avoidant restrictive food intake disorder (ARFID), and from the age of two has only eaten crisps, chocolate, chips and apricot yoghurts. With Harvey’s eyesight in his right eye also deteriorating, he joins us today with his mum Kerry to share his story, alongside nutrition and eating disorder expert Ursula Philpot.