Nisha Katona's 30 minute salmon
Nisha joins us in the kitchen with another simple but delicious dinner idea.
The beauty of this meal is in its simplicity - and the magic comes from a surprise ingredient… a tin of mango slices. It has to be tasted to be believed!
Mango and coriander salmon
2 tbsp vegetable oil (plus 150ml for frying)
¼ tsp cumin seeds
½ clove of garlic, crushed
425g tinned mango slices
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tsp salt
Juice of ½ a lemon
¼ tsp chilli powder
4 skinless salmon fillets (approximately 125g each)
Boiled new potatoes with coriander, oil and lemon or cooked rice, flatbreads or wraps to serve
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
2. Add the cumin seeds and garlic and fry, stirring for 30 seconds.
3. Pour in the tin of mango slices, including the syrup and add the ground coriander, salt, lemon juice and chilli powder.
4. Using a fork, mash the mango into the spices and cook the mixture for 5 minutes stirring until you have a slightly pulpy paste. Set aside to cool a little.
5. Sift the flour onto a plate next to the pan of mango mixture. One at a time, dip the salmon fillets first into the mango paste and then roll into the flour. Set aside and decant the remaining mango sauce into a serving bowl.
6. Put the remaining 150ml of oil in a large pan and set over a medium heat. Once hot, carefully add the salmon fillets and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until a golden crust has formed and the salmon has cooked through.
7. Serve the salmon hot with the coriander and lemon boiled potatoes, the rice or wraps with the remaining mango sauce alongside to spoon over.