Nisha Katona's G&T traybake
Last week she made us tequila skewers, and today Nisha is moving onto gin! She’s making a one tray dish perfect to enjoy in the warm weather - her simple salmon, G&T traybake.
Gin & tonic salmon tray bake
½ tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 juniper berries, crushed
Grated zest and juice of 1 ½ limes
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp chopped coriander leaves, plus extra to serve
3 tbsp gin
5 tbsp tonic water
4 x 125g salmon fillets
200g white basmati rice, rinsed and drained
1 lime, cut into wedges
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Put the oil, garlic, juniper berries, lime zest and juice, ground coriander, coriander leaves and gin and tonic in a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
2. Select a shallow roasting tin and put the salmon fillet, flesh-side down, in the mixture, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours if you like - you don’t need to do this if you don’t have the time.
3. Preheat the oven to 200c/Fan 180c/Gas 6.
4. Cover the tray with foil and place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, put the rice and 480ml water in a heavy-based saucepan and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for about 10 minutes until the rice has absorbed almost all the water. Clamp a lid on the pan, remove from the heat and leave for about 10 minutes.
6. Remove the tray from the oven and open it up. Carefully spoon the cooked basmati rice around the sides of the fish into the juices. Sprinkle with a few coriander leaves, grind a little black pepper over the top and dot with lime wedges to serve.