Nisha Katona's twist on a chip butty
Nisha takes the humble chip butty up a notch with the addition of spicy chillies, fresh coriander and chapatis.
Once you've tried it her way, you'll never look at a chip butty the same way again!
300ml veg oil
3 large potatoes cut into chip
2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp fenugreek powder
handful of chopped fresh coriander
1 large green chilli (mild) sliced
1 large red chilli (mild) sliced
1/2 red onion finely sliced
1 Granny Smith Apple cut into matchsticks
Chat Masala for sprinkling
Jar of green chilli pickle
1. Rub the chips with the turmeric and fenugreek and shallow fry in a deep pan until golden.
2. Heat your chapati in a dry pan. Once hot, lightly butter the chapati and smear one side with a bit of the green chilli pickle.
3. Add the sliced red onion, sliced green apple, green and red chilli and then place the chips on top and sprinkle with Chat Masala.
4. For the serving sauce, blitz ketchup with one clove of garlic and a handful of fresh coriander.
5. Roll the chapati, slice on the diagonal and serve with the sauce on the side.