Pan fried Pollock with pancetta & sauté potatoes
200g pancetta, cut into ½ cm cubes
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 medium potatoes, cooked whole in then skins, then cooled, sliced
4 briquettes frozen spinach, defrosted
500g Cornish pollock
2 tbsp plain flour
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Heat a medium sized pan and add the pancetta and oil and cook for a few minutes. Add the onions and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat some oil and dust the pollock with a little ground pepper and flour. Gently cook skin side up for 3-4 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillet.
3. Back to the pancetta add a few slices of the potatoes and warm through on both sides, then add the spinach, then cover with foil and just warm through.
4. Turn the pollock over and cook for a few minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
5. Serve in deep bowls with the pollock on top of the potatoes.