Phil Vickery's show-stopping blueberry tart!
Phil Vickery is back in the kitchen to create a dessert guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser this bank holiday weekend - his beautiful blueberry tart.
Blueberry and lemon tart
Serves 6 - 8
300ml single cream
350g frozen blueberries, defrosted
75g castor sugar
1 x 312g jar lemon curd
4 egg yolks
1 whole egg
½ tsp cornflour
One 24cm x 4cm deep sweet pastry flan baked blind and egged to seal
Juice and finely grated zest 1 large lemon
250g fresh blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 160C, gas 3. Heat cream until just boiling then remove from the stove.
2. Place the defrosted blueberries, caster sugar and half the jar of lemon curd into a liquidiser and blitz until smooth – this mixture must be blitzed in a liquidiser / blender and not in a food processor, as it needs to be a really smooth puree.
3. Pour the pureed blueberry mixture into a bowl and add the egg yolks, whole egg and cornflour and lightly mix. Finally, add the warm cream and just bring together.
4. Place the cooked pastry case on a baking sheet. Carefully pour the blueberry mixture into the cooked pastry shell and bake in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes or until just set.
5. Remove and chill well, best overnight.
6. When ready to serve, mix the fresh blueberries with the rest of the jar of lemon curd, and the fresh lemon zest and juice. Spoon over the tart, cut and serve.