Rustie Lee's milk and chocolate chip cookies
Rustie’s choc chip cookies are the perfect combination of chewy centre and chocolatey chunks with every bite! She’s sharing her secrets to perfecting them, and washing it all down with a milkshake!
Rustie's Milk & Cookies
Makes about 18 cookies
85g dark soft brown sugar
85g granulated sugar
1 large egg or 2 small
2 tsp vanilla essence
225g plain flour
2 tsp cornflour
1 tsp baking powder
200g chocolate chips or chunks
100g chopped walnuts
1. Heat the oven to 180C, Gas 5. Line 2 baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Cream the butter and the sugar together until nice and creamy - this will take about 5 minutes in a mixer or if using hand whisk
3. Add the egg and vanilla then continue to whisk for a further 2 minutes.
4. Sieve together the flour, cornflour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Add the chocolate chips or chunks and walnuts to the flour, then add to the butter and sugar mixture then use a wooden spoon to mix in well and combine together.
5. Scoop out dessert spoonfuls of the mixture and space them out on the baking tray, making sure they have space to spread - this mix will make about 18 good size cookies.
6. Bake the cookies for about 10 – 12 minutes. Once they are baked, allow to cool (if you can wait long enough). They are delicious with a cup of tea.