Rustie Lee's summer lamb kebabs
Rustie’s bringing the flavour this Friday with her tasty shish kebab and flatbreads. Her marinated lamb is covered in a tangy sauce and served in a homemade flatbread for the ultimate Friday feast!
Ingredients 675g (1½ lbs Lean Lamb leg)
6 tbsp Olive Oil
2 Red or Green Pepper cut into wedges
2 Red Onion Cut into wedges
For the Marinade
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Black Pepper
2 tsp Thyme
2 tbsp Parsley Chopped
2 Cloves Garlic chopped
1 Large Onion Chopped
1 lemon Grater rind and Juice
Serve with pitta breads and sides of your choice
1. First make the marinade by putting all the ingredients into a liquidiser and blend until smooth. Stir in the juice and rind of the lemon.
2. Cut the lamb into equal sized cubes and cover with the marinade making sure every piece is covered.
3. Leave in the fridge overnight or to stand for at least 2 hours.
4. Once marinated, arrange the meat, peppers and onions on skewers with approximately 5 pieces of meat on skewers.
5. Grill on a hot barbecue or grill for 10-12 mins and serve with the home made pitta and salad.
500g (1lb) Plain Flour
5 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Sugar
2 tsp Dried Yeast
10 fl.oz Warm Tepid Water
1. Put the dried yeast & sugar into the tepid water and mix well with a fork.
2. Add a cupful of the flour into the wet mix and whisk until all the lumps are out. Cover with a cloth and place in a warm place for 12-15mins until there are bubbles forming.
3. Add the remaining flour and the 4tbsp Olive oil & Salt to the Mixture and knead together for approximately 2 mins and put in a warm place for 1 hour.
4. After the hour, knock back the dough, knead it up again for another 2-3mins.
5. Place the dough in a bowl and sprinkle with the rest of the olive oil and place the bowl in a warm place for another 20 mins.
6. Cut the dough into 4oz (100g) pieces and mould into balls,
7. Flour the board and roll out and shape into an oblong or rounds if you prefer and place them on an oiled baking tray stand for 5 mins then place in the oven at 200c gas mark 6 for 12-20mins
8. When these Pita breads are cooled, cut and fill with salad of your choice and fill with Kebabs.