Vanessa D'Souza’s fish finger pie
Fresh from the recent series of Masterchef, Vanessa D’Souza is joining us in the kitchen to open up about her journey as ‘The Autistic Chef’, as well as making her delicious fish finger pie.
Fish Finger Pie
24 Frozen Fish Fingers
750g Potatoes (small with skin)
300ml Crème Fraîche
50g Grated Cheese (medium strength)
250g Frozen Mixed Veg
1. Preheat the oven/ air fryer to 180°C. Grease a deep, 20 x 20xm baking dish, and line with baking paper.
2. Cook fish fingers as directed, keep the oven/ air fryer on.
3. Boil potatoes in their skin until soft.
4. Warm the crème fraiche with cheese in a pan until smooth (whisking out any lumps). Season, thin with milk, and add frozen vegetables.
5. Mash potatoes with butter, salt, and pepper.
6. Layer cooked fish fingers in the bottom of the dish.
7. Add crème fraiche/ vegetable sauce.
8. Top with mashed potatoes and cheese.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and piping hot.