Logo of This Morning
itv |

Weekdays 10am-12:30pm

Whistleblowing helplines

For advice and support about whistleblowing, see our helplines

If you've witnessed an assault or think a child is in immediate danger, contact the police on 999 or call the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000 without delay.

If you're worried about a child, but unsure Contact our helpline for advice. You can discuss your concerns with our trained counsellors who will assess the information you give them and can take action on your behalf, if necessary. Alternatively, you can contact your local police or children's services


Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (24 hours, every day)


Report a concern

UK's leading charity specialising in child protection and the prevention of cruelty to children.

The free helpline is for anyone, children or adults, concerned about a child at risk of abuse. The NSPCC also runs high profile campaigns for children's rights, such as Full Stop and administers 180 regional teams and projects, and conducts research into child abuse and its effects.

Gov UK – Report Child Abuse


Child abuse includes physical, sexual and emotional abuse.

Action on Elder Abuse

Helpline: 080 8808 8141


We work to protect, and prevent the abuse of, vulnerable older adults and by doing so we also protect other adults a risk of abuse. One key way in which we address elder abuse is through our unique confidential freephone helpline, which provides information, advice and support to victims and others who are concerned about or have witnessed abuse. This helpline is available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, in both the UK and the Republic of Ireland (two separate numbers). We can also operate specialist helplines for care providers, providing whistleblowing advice and support to residents, relatives and staff (contact us if you would like to be part of this service). These helplines not only provide direct advice and help to people who may be in danger of experiencing abuse but they also provide unique information on the nature, circumstances and dynamics of elder abuse.

Gov UK

gov.uk/whistleblowing/overview – Whistle Blowing

gov.uk/whistleblowing/how-to-blow-the-whistle - How to blow the Whistle

gov.uk/government/publications/blowing-the-whistle-list-of-prescribed-people-and-bodies--2 - List of Prescribed Person & Bodies

If you decide to blow the whistle to a prescribed person rather than your employer, you must make sure that you’ve chosen the correct person or body for your issue. This document is a list of the prescribed persons and bodies who you can make a disclosure to. There is also a brief description about the matters you can report to each prescribed person.

ACAS - Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service

Helpline: 0300 123 1110


acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1919 - Whistle Blowing in the Workplace

If workers bring information about a wrongdoing to the attention of their employers or a relevant organisation, they are protected in certain circumstances under the Public Interest Disclosure Act 1998. This is commonly referred to as 'blowing the whistle'. The law that protects whistle-blowers is for the public interest - so people can speak out if they find malpractice in an organisation. Blowing the whistle is more formally known as 'making a disclosure in the public interest'. Qualifying disclosures are disclosures of information where the worker reasonably believes (and it is in the public interest) that one or more of the following matters is either happening, has taken place, or is likely to happen in the future.

Public Concern at Work – The Whistle Blowing Charity


Our trained advisers can offer you free, confidential practical and legal advice if: you have witnessed serious wrongdoing, risk or malpractice in the workplace, which is or could be a threat to others (customers, employees, or the general public), and you want to raise the issue as a concern to your employer or to an independent body.

Whistleblowing Helpline

Helpline: 08000 724 725


The Whistleblowing Helpline is a free-phone service for employees, and organisations working within the NHS and social care sector. Whether you are an employee, worker, employer or professional body/organisation, you can call our free whistleblowing helpline, send us an email or complete the online form safe in the knowledge everything you tell us is strictly confidential and anonymous. We offer legally compliant, unbiased support and guidance to ensure you can act in accordance with your values. This ensures you fully understand your options and legal rights specific to your employment situation.

BMA (British Medical Association)

http://bma.org.uk/practical-support-at-work/whistleblowing - Whistleblowing

Whistleblowing is the popular term applied to a situation where an employee raises concerns to people who have the power and willingness to take corrective action. The BMA offers guidance, reassurance and support in these circumstances.

Police UK

Reporting crime

How to report anti-social behaviour

How to report a hate crime

How do I report fraud?

If you've been the victim of a crime or think you have witnessed one, you should report it to the police straight away. Your information could be used to prevent other crimes and help keep other people safe. Find out about the different ways of reporting a crime.

CRIMESTOPPERSwww.crimestoppers-uk.org If you have information about a crime call anonymously on 0800 555 111 or fill in an online form.

National Cyber Crime Unit

Tel: 0370 496 7622 - Call for general enquiries or to verify a person as an NCA officer.


The NCCU has brought together specialists from the Police Central e-Crime Unit in the Metropolitan Police Service and SOCA Cyber to create expert technical, tactical intelligence and investigation teams. It has the capability to respond in fast time to rapidly changing threats and collaborates with partners to reduce cyber and cyber-enabled crime.

Action Fraud

Helpline: 0300 123 2040


http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/node/298 - On-line Fraud

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/fraud_protection/identity_fraud - Identity Fraud

We provide a central point of contact for information about fraud and financially motivated internet crime. If you've been scammed, ripped off or conned, there is something you can do about it. Report fraud to us and receive a police crime reference number.

Logo of This Morning
itv |

Weekdays 10am-12:30pm