Cycling is one of the fastest growing sports in the UK, and there are now over 200 community cycle clubs with 50,000 people signed up nationwide.
They are designed to help anyone - no matter what their age or ability - get on a bike.
One of those groups meets in Cannon Hill Park in Birmingham - people get some exercise, meet new people or just have some fun.
- Check there's air in the tyres
- Check that brakes are functioning
- Ensure your chain is lubricated
- Wear a helmet
- Lean the bike towards you so that you can get your leg over the saddle.
- Ensure the peddle is in the correct position - the 2 o'clock position.