A man in his 70s has died and two others have been seriously injured after a stolen car crashed into a number of people outside a cemetery in west Belfast.
Police have confirmed that the man killed in the incident on the Whiterock Road, shortly after midday on Saturday, was 70-year-old Seamus Conlon.
“Mr Conlon has sadly passed away and two other men are still being treated in hospital,” PSNI Chief Inspector Gary Reid said.
Local Sinn Féin councillor Michael Donnelly told UTV those struck by the car as it “flew down the Whiterock Road” had been attending a funeral at the nearby Belfast City Cemetery.
Speaking shortly after the incident, Mr Donnelly said those who witnessed the collision had been left frightened and angered by the ordeal.
He added that it was believed so-called “death drivers” had been responsible.
On Saturday evening, police confirmed that the Vauxhall Vectra at the centre of the incident had been stolen.
A 32-year-old man arrested at the scene remains in custody on suspicion of a number of offences, including causing death by dangerous driving and driving while unfit.