A pony has died after being fed kitchen scraps by people at a beauty spot in the Cotswolds.
Horses have a sensitive digestive system which leaves them vulnerable to a range of medical conditions.
They can also choke when food unfamiliar to them travels down their throats as they don't have the ability to throw up - so the food swells up. This can be life-threatening.
Cotswolds Police confirmed the death of the pony in Stow-on-the-Wold on Twitter on Tuesday 9 March.
The force said: "Last week we posted a plea to stop feeding horses you don't own.
"This morning we received a call that a pony that was being fed kitchen scraps has now died.
"Some horses have special dietary requirements and your food may hurt them.
"Don't feed horses."