New information relating to the deaths of Princess Diana and Dodi Fayed was reportedly passed on to Scotland Yard by the Royal Military Police (RMP), although this has not been confirmed. Here are some facts about the RMP:
- Part of the Army rather than a police force
- Responsible for policing the military community, both in garrison and on operations worldwide
- Undertake "serious and protacted investigations" and provide specialist support - such as forensics - to other investigations
- Also provide bodyguards for senior military personnel on operations
- Approximately 2,500 personnel
More top news
The Democratic presidential candidate may also have shown his cards on his choice of running mate.
The US president also shared a post on Twitter accusing Dr Anthony Fauci of misleading the public over hydroxychloroquine.
Fears over an impending second wave of coronavirus dominates Wednesday’s front pages.