- Atos Healthcare, the company which carries out the work capability assessments for people with disabilities, has been highly criticised for the way it operates
- The company carries out assessments on behalf of Department for Work and Pensions, using criteria set by them
- The company has come under discussion by disability charities, who say many people have been unfairly assessed as being fit for work
- In November 2012, The Peoples Review of the Work Capability Assessment highlighted 70 claimants who say they were wrongly assessed and were forced to go to tribunal
- Atos say that all complaints to Atos Healthcare are thoroughly investigated and changes are made where necessary
- A debate will take place in the House of Commons today about assessments for people with disabilities
More top news
Police e-fit software been used to create the faces of the most beautiful man and woman in the world.
A new law which allows councils to ban activities in public spaces is leading to "bizarre new criminal offences", campaigners claim.
The Serious Fraud Office has been fined £180k after confidential documents from a high-profile investigation were sent to the wrong person.