- Atos Healthcare, the company which carries out the work capability assessments for people with disabilities, has been highly criticised for the way it operates
- The company carries out assessments on behalf of Department for Work and Pensions, using criteria set by them
- The company has come under discussion by disability charities, who say many people have been unfairly assessed as being fit for work
- In November 2012, The Peoples Review of the Work Capability Assessment highlighted 70 claimants who say they were wrongly assessed and were forced to go to tribunal
- Atos say that all complaints to Atos Healthcare are thoroughly investigated and changes are made where necessary
- A debate will take place in the House of Commons today about assessments for people with disabilities
More top news
A convict recaptured by police after three weeks on the run made a dry run the night before he broke out of a New York prison.
Teachers at a school in Northamptonshire made a unique farewell gift for their Year 11 leavers.
The advertising watchdog has ruled the "beach body ready" campaign was not offensive or socially irresponsible.