- Atos Healthcare, the company which carries out the work capability assessments for people with disabilities, has been highly criticised for the way it operates
- The company carries out assessments on behalf of Department for Work and Pensions, using criteria set by them
- The company has come under discussion by disability charities, who say many people have been unfairly assessed as being fit for work
- In November 2012, The Peoples Review of the Work Capability Assessment highlighted 70 claimants who say they were wrongly assessed and were forced to go to tribunal
- Atos say that all complaints to Atos Healthcare are thoroughly investigated and changes are made where necessary
- A debate will take place in the House of Commons today about assessments for people with disabilities
More top news
Justin Bieber is being sued for more than £50,000 after allegedly smashing the mobile phone of a man who was filming him.
President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama have celebrated Star Wars Day by getting down with R2-D2 and some storm troopers.
Police are appealing for information about two sisters aged 12 and five who went missing three days ago.