- Atos Healthcare, the company which carries out the work capability assessments for people with disabilities, has been highly criticised for the way it operates
- The company carries out assessments on behalf of Department for Work and Pensions, using criteria set by them
- The company has come under discussion by disability charities, who say many people have been unfairly assessed as being fit for work
- In November 2012, The Peoples Review of the Work Capability Assessment highlighted 70 claimants who say they were wrongly assessed and were forced to go to tribunal
- Atos say that all complaints to Atos Healthcare are thoroughly investigated and changes are made where necessary
- A debate will take place in the House of Commons today about assessments for people with disabilities
More top news
Tory divisions over a controversial benefit reform could be exposed in a Labour vote in the House of Commons on Wednesday.
Should no deal be negotiated, Dover, the UK's gateway to Europe, would be one of the places to feel the effects of this most.
The Young Vic’s new artistic director Kwame Kwei-Armah has said he could back quotas to help improve the diversity of British theatre.