- Atos Healthcare, the company which carries out the work capability assessments for people with disabilities, has been highly criticised for the way it operates
- The company carries out assessments on behalf of Department for Work and Pensions, using criteria set by them
- The company has come under discussion by disability charities, who say many people have been unfairly assessed as being fit for work
- In November 2012, The Peoples Review of the Work Capability Assessment highlighted 70 claimants who say they were wrongly assessed and were forced to go to tribunal
- Atos say that all complaints to Atos Healthcare are thoroughly investigated and changes are made where necessary
- A debate will take place in the House of Commons today about assessments for people with disabilities
More top news
International Great Britain triathlete Eleanor Penrose was taken to an A&E department twice in the space of 24 hours in August 2015.
Entertainer made a blind woman feel "completely and utterly trapped" when he assaulted her in hospital bedroom, a court has been told.
A Border patrol on the frontier that separates Texas from Mexico hopes Donald Trump will keep his vow to tackle illegal immigration.