- Atos Healthcare, the company which carries out the work capability assessments for people with disabilities, has been highly criticised for the way it operates
- The company carries out assessments on behalf of Department for Work and Pensions, using criteria set by them
- The company has come under discussion by disability charities, who say many people have been unfairly assessed as being fit for work
- In November 2012, The Peoples Review of the Work Capability Assessment highlighted 70 claimants who say they were wrongly assessed and were forced to go to tribunal
- Atos say that all complaints to Atos Healthcare are thoroughly investigated and changes are made where necessary
- A debate will take place in the House of Commons today about assessments for people with disabilities
More top news
A retired cop who rescued a five-year-old from a burning building was guest of honour at her graduation ceremony 18 years later.
A woman who wants to use her daughter's frozen eggs to give birth to her own grandchild has appealed to judges to allow her to proceed.
Andy Murray battled through another five-set marathon in his second round match at the French Open after edging past Mathias Bourgue